Joining the ATMoB provides a special place for meeting and socializing with
others who also enjoy astronomy as a hobby. Included in the yearly membership
dues is a subscription to our monthly
newsletter, STAR FIELDS.
Benefits of Joining
- Clubhouse Telescope Access
- Telescopes for use in our field
- Telescopes to borrow for offsite use
- Clubhouse Field Use
- Concrete pads with AC power in our observing field
- Use one of the club observatories for visual observing, astrophotography, or research
- Clubhouse Facilities
- Optical shop for hand or machine grinding and polishing
- Mirror test tunnel for Foucault or interferometer testing
- Machine shop for telescope fabrication and maintenance
- Warm space for winter observing
- Library of Astronomy and telescope making books
- Internet connection
- Member Announcement and Discussion Lists
- Monthly Club Meetings with Astronomy Presentations at the Harvard Center for Astrophysics
- Join our Star Parties as part of our Public Outreach program
- Weekly Friday night video lectures at the Clubhouse
- Club Discounts on Astronomy Magazine and Sky & Telescope Magazine
Joining the Amateur Telescope Makers of Boston
Join by doing one of the following:
- Use our convenient online membership application. Payment may be made with a credit card (via Club Express). Please do not use this if you are a current or past member! Log-in with your username & password and renew. If you don't know your username or password use the "Forgot My Username/Password" button or contact email@example.com.
- Download an application,
print it out (you need Adobe Acrobat), and send it with a check to the address
indicated on the application.
- Attend one of our monthly meetings and speak to the membership secretary. Please have a filled out application.
All questions about membership should be directed to the Membership Secretary. Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Call the phone number listed on our Contact Us page.
Yearly membership dues
- $35.00 for regular members,
- $45.00 for family memberships (multiple members of a family at one address),
- $15.00 for senior (65 and older) and student members (full time students of all ages).
Donations are gladly accepted and are tax deductible to the extent allowed by
law. The ATMoB is a 501(c)3 organization.